The road to success is always under construction – Lily Tomlin
But along the way you get little reminders or confirmations that you on the right track..Last year we where awarded ”Best Emerging Business” at the Westpac Auckland North business awards and last night RAILBLAZA were chosen, out of many other Auckland businesses, as a finalist in the Air New Zealand Cargo Export NZ Awards Auckland 2014!. We have been nominated among 3 other very successful businesses in the following category
TNT Express Emerging Exporter of the Year
– Omaha Blueberries supplies retailers in Australia, Singapore and the UAE with their organic blueberries and strawberries, and fruit ice-creams.
– RAILBLAZA designs and markets lockable mounting systems to secure fishing rods, ropes, iPads and more on kayaks, sailboats, inflatables, and for storage and farm bikes.
– Seedling New Zealand designs and retails activities aimed at encouraging imaginative play to develop young skills from gardening to science and more. They go to market in many languages.
– Western Addition markets bottles artesian water from Paeroa to the US, China and Canada.
Air NZ Cargo Export NZ Auckland Award finalists announced
(This article taken from NZ News on Yahoo.com)
New Zealand’s reputation as a land of milk and honey lifestyle is underpinned by an increasing range of eclectic high value businesses epitomized by the finalists in the 2014 Air New Zealand Cargo ExportNZ Awards Auckland.
Many kiwis will be overawed at the world-class talent on display, the capabilities of our people, and their thriving, exciting businesses, said convener of judges Barry Squires, Head of International Business for Westpac Institutional Bank.
“The entrants covered a broad spectrum of industries and markets and it is fantastic to see the innovation and diversity displayed by Auckland exporters,” Mr Squires said,
“Their success stories are a real inspiration.”
The award finalists are:
Westpac Exporter of the Year (total sales over $25 million)
- – Alpha Laboratories (NZ) sales are mostly overseas. The company contract manufactures health foods and supplements with testing and development held in-house.
- – Compac Sorting Equipment designs and manufactures systems for automated high speed sorting and traceability requirements of pack house management.
- – Gentrack Group specializes in collections software for energy utilities, water companies and airports and aviation authorities, supplying to 20 countries.
- – New Image Group has a household name brand in Malaysia and Taiwan. The Group’s supplements, nutraceuticals and skincare products are channeled top market in a variety of ways.
- – Southern Spars operates from six countries. The company designs and fabricates carbon fibre yacht masts and booms, other yacht components, and rigging which it also services.
QBE Insurance Exporter of the Year (total sales under $25 million)
- – Doyle Sails NZ is part of a group of franchises in 50 countries designing and preparing NZ designed technology for super yachts and high-performance racing.
- – Howick’s customers are as far flung as in Mongolia and Siberia, the Middle East, London and even Sochi where they supplied their steel roll forming and framing construction machinery to the Olympic organisers.
- – Jackson Electrical Industries supplies portable power systems and industrial power applications for temporary and permanent placement.
- – Phitek Systems designs sound system equipment and entertainment accessories for passengers on the world’s major airlines.
- – Wynyard Group has offices in six countries serving global corporate and government customers for their security software systems which are designed to collect intelligence and help manage complex crime investigations.
Endace ICT Exporter of the Year
- – Straker Translations generates 94 per cent of income outside New Zealand. Their cloud platform has accelerated translations in 80 languages.
- – SnapComms develops software to aid employee communications in large organisations enabling interactive screensaver messaging, desktop alerts and employee-generated magazines and newsletters.
- – Flintfox International has developed a network of authorised partners to distribute their trade promotion software to manage consumer good prices, collect rebates, manage contracts, and for e-commerce, distribution and more.
Quantium Solutions E-Commerce Exporter of the Year
- – Intenza NZ markets its herbal products worldwide online to support prostate health and libido enhancement for men and women in midlife.
- – MENA International focuses on Pacific Island markets offering contemporary designs vibrant with Pacific patterns for cocktail/resort apparel, evening gowns, men’s shirts and children’s clothing.
Baldwins Intellectual Property Commercialisation of Innovation for Export
- – Abodo Wood exports natural renewable wood cladding and decking products to Australia, the Pacific, Americas, Asia, Africa and Europe.
- – Howick designs and supplies steel framing machinery to build from garden sheds to 11 storey modular buildings. (See also above)
- – Milmeq consults, designs, manufactures and installs primary food processing systems including chillers and freezers to markets worldwide.
- – Phitek Systems- make sound systems and entertainment accessories for passengers on the world’s major airlines. (See also above)
- – Southern Spars operates from six countries designing and fabricating carbon fibre masts and booms, other yacht components and rigging. (See also above)
TNT Express Emerging Exporter of the Year
- – Omaha Blueberries supplies retailers in Australia, Singapore and the UAE with their organic blueberries and strawberries, and fruit ice-creams.
- – RAILBLAZA designs and markets lockable mounting systems to secure fishing rods, ropes, iPads and more on kayaks, sailboats, inflatables, and for storage and farm bikes.
- – Seedling New Zealand designs and retails activities aimed at encouraging imaginative play to develop young skills from gardening to science and more. They go to market in many languages.
- – Western Addition markets bottles artesian water from Paeroa to the US, China and Canada.
BDO Food & Beverage Exporter of the Year
- – Epicurean Dairy Co exports such as premium yoghurts (pouches, tubes, smoothies, etc) and soft cheeses to Australia and across Asia. And they licence their IP to the UK and Europe.
- – Griffins Foods with a presence in 24 countries bakes branded biscuits and snack foods for many global food businesses.
- – Invivo Wines has markets in 15 countries for its fine wines made from grapes grown in Marlborough and Central Otago.
- – Tegel Foods 1200 poultry product line go mainly to the Pacific Islands, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong and the UAE.
Convener of judges Barry Squires adds: “The very best of luck to all finalists. To those who entered but didn’t make the finalists this year, please keep entering.
“We have again attracted a great group of judges who have experience across a wide range of industries and disciplines.”
Attend the gala dinner on June 12th where the category winners and overall supreme winner will be announced. Plus it’s an evening of networking with our bravest business people, of entertainment and fine dining at The Langham Auckland.